Wednesday, May 11, 2011

something that was hard for me...

im ready to talk about something that was particularly hard for me.

you see, I grew up in Texas which means I grew up a Texas ranger fan. I learned a great love of the team from my grandmother who has been a lover of the rangers as long as they have been a franchise.




and last october when they became American league champions by beating the yankees, I cried a few tears. when I'm having a bad day I simply look at this picture



and immediately begin to feel better.

which brings me to my problem. I moved to colorado, a state I love ad well as a state I am having a wonderful time living in. this would not be a problem if I did not hold such strong convictions that you always root, root, root for the home team. this rule is number one and has very few exceptions, none of which allow me to neglect the Colorado Rockies and remain ever true to the rangers only. (this rule is also the reason I would only live in new York city as long as the mets are there because I would rather eat a bowl of my own vomit than cheer for the yankees)

back to the point of this-the other night Dominick and I committed further to Colorado by attending a Rockies game at coors field.

and I cheered for the Rockies.

and I sang, "root, root, root for the Rockies" while the media guys through cracker jacks into the stands.

and a guy hit a home run and a water fountain sprayed high in the Forrest that sits in the outfield. (it was no fireworks and soundtrack of the natural movie but it was nice)

in the end we had a great time and I started my new love affair with a new team.











so that's the story. I now love the Rockies and they are my team and I'm committed.

it also doesn't hurt that the rangers are in the American league and the Rockies are in the national league so I can still cheer for the rangers until they meet the rockies in the world series in which case I will just go ahead and become a basket case.

2 comments:

  1. Chelsea....you are crazy!! Love you for your passion of baseball. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I want you to move to New York and the Mets to move out so I can see you eat a bowl of your own vomit. Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete